These Terms & Conditions apply at all times and can’t be changed without our agreement. If you ask us to do work for you, it will be assumed that you have read and accepted them.  These are the important things they cover.

Copyright issues

Unless we’ve agreed otherwise, first use copyright of the work we produce will pass to you, but only when you have paid for it in full.

If you want to use our work in a way that wasn’t originally intended, you need to ask us first. For example, if you want to use our website copy for a brochure.

Confidentiality matters

We won’t share the information you give us with anyone else without your permission, unless they need it for your project.

We will take all reasonable care when carrying out work for you, but we won’t be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party arising from its use.

You agree to indemnify us against any claims, damages or costs that may arise from the use, reproduction or publication of copy we write for you.


Our estimate is based on the information you give us. We allow for two revisions of our initial draft, after which further revisions are charged at a rate of £40 per hour.

If the size and nature of the job changes, we may have to amend the price we charge.

Unless we have agreed otherwise, if thirty (30) days after delivery of the first draft we still have not reached the third or final draft due to delays in receiving amendments from you, we reserve the right to invoice 75% of the total cost of the job, with the remaining 25% at sixty (60) days, even if the final draft has not yet been signed off by you.

For larger pieces of work we will agree staged payments with you before we begin.

Payment terms

Our invoices fall due fourteen (14) days after submission to you. This is indicated on the invoice, along with payment details.

If payment is late, we reserve the right to claim interest and compensation under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.

If any payment due is not received in accordance with these terms, we reserve the right to put work already begun ‘on hold’ and to inform others involved, including designers, consultants, printers and others, of the reason for doing so.

Rejection of work

Unless a rejection fee has been agreed in advance, there is no right to reject work on the basis of style, composition, editing or our interpretation of your needs, amendments or circumstances. That means, if you ask us to write a first draft and subsequently decide you no longer want to use our services, or to see further draft stages, or wish to undertake the work yourself or use others to do so, we will charge you the full cost (100%) of the sum previously agreed, on the payment terms outlined above.

This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.

If you would like to know more about any of our Terms and Conditions then please call us on +44 (0) 1432 761480, or email.